Dragon for Mac Medical
Dragon for Mac Medical
Features and Benefits
Built with a specialized medical vocabulary covering more than 90 medical specialties, Dragon for Mac Medical provides a more efficient way to accurately dictate medical record notes directly into EHR or other applications—all by voice.
- Spend more time with patients. With the ability to dictate up to 3x faster than typing with up to 99% accuracy, capture detailed, high-quality medical record notes faster than ever before.
- Speak your patient’s story. Designed with a specialized medical language model and built-in medical vocabulary covering more than 90 specialties and subspecialties, you can count on outstanding dictation accuracy from the first use.
- Built for the way clinicians work.Whether note-taking in an EHR, sending email, creating custom word lists and voice shortcuts for inserting frequently used text, you can dictate, edit and control your Mac – all by voice
- Transcription of recordings under your control. With powerful transcription features, on-the-go clinicians have the convenience and flexibility to capture detailed medical notes—anywhere, anytime—for later transcription.
- Speak freely and with flexibility. No matter which device you use—a wireless mic in your office, your Mac’s built-in mic or a digital voice recorder—capture rich, detailed clinical narrative using whichever audio source best suits your needs.
- Secure patient information. Supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines, a critical requirement for any clinician concerned with patient confidentiality.
- Specialized medical vocabulary. Document your patient's story with detail and specificity.
Dragon for Mac Medical's specialized medical vocabulary is designed to get medical terminology right from the start. Made more accurate by an enhanced speech engine with a sophisticated acoustic and language model, clinicians can dictate confidently knowing that they’ll have detailed and accurate documentation from the first day of use.
- Capture specific medical terminology quickly and accurately
- Built-in medical vocabulary that covers more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties
- Adapts to the user’s voice and words to deliver better recognition results over time
Built for the way clinicians work
Dragon for Mac Medical works the way you need it to. It works seamlessly with your EHR for dictating and editing high-quality medical record notes. Or you can set appointments, create documents, send email or work on your desktop—all by voice—to realize further productivity gains.
- Supports MacPractice version 5
- Work within popular applications such as Microsoft Word 2016 or Gmail
- Create custom word lists and macros for frequently used text
- Import and export custom word lists
- Create custom voice commands to insert frequently-used text
- Create AppleScripts, Automator Workflows or shell scripts and activate them by voice
Capture your patient’s clinical details anytime, anywhere
Your patient’s care doesn’t begin or end in the examination room. Easily capture detailed medical notes using a digital voice recorder for later transcription. Record your thoughts immediately after a patient visit while details are still fresh in your mind, and have them ready when you’re back in the office. Automatic transcription with easy correction features saves time and money compared to outsourced transcription and reduces tedious back and forth editing with support staff to speed and simplify clinical document turnaround.
- Easily transform your dictation into text
- Transcribe a pre-recorded audio file or podcast of a single speaker’s voice
- Easily proofread medical documents with the Text-to-Speech feature
Supports HIPAA guidelines
Dragon for Mac Medical helps healthcare providers maintain HIPAA patient confidentiality requirements by keeping all information relevant to dictation services encrypted and on the local machine.
- RAM: 4GB, 8GB+ recommended
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or faster processor - Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended
- Free hard disk space: 16GB
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X Mavericks (10.9),OS X Yosemite (10.10) or OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process) and access to online help
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone. Some older devices are no longer supported. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information