Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 is for physicians, nurse practitioners, PAs and other clinicians in independent practices.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 gives you the ability to convert speech to text instantly, improving the quality of your clinical documentation and making you the most efficient you can be. Within 1 hour to 1 week of our training, you will have 99-100% recognition accuracy routinely. There are just a few tricks to learn, then you'll be finishing your notes and heading home on time. Well, closer to on time, anyway.
If your practice has 25 or more physicians, is owned by a hospital or you would like to have enterprise class features, then you should consider Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition.
What's New in Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2?
Building on the success of it's predecessor, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 was announced June 11, 2013. Among the many benefits of the new version are these:
- 22% improvement in recognition accuracy
- 90+ medical specialties now
- iPhone and Android can now be used as microphones
- Improved speech engine
- Support for Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer 10
- More natural "read that" command
- Autotranscribe Folder Agent now produces .doc and .rtf formats and admins can be emailed upon completion
- Alternate pronunciations (alpha, bravo, etc) in spell mode
- Improved hidden dictation box functionality
- Microphone unplug-replug intelligence
- Backup and restore profiles from the Profile menu
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Who is eligible to upgrade? Anyone using Dragon Medical 10 should certainly upgrade, since customers may only upgrade 2 versions. Dragon Medical Practice Edition customers are also eligible to upgrade.
- Can I upgrade from Dragon NaturallySpeaking, the consumer product? Yes, there is an upgrade path from Dragon NaturallySpeaking. The cost is $999.
- How is Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 different than Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition? Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 is specifically designed for individual clinicians and group practices with less than 25 physicians. If your practice has 25 or more physicians, then you should contact Logan Solutions about the Network Edition.
- Does Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 work with my EMR? Yes, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 works with most any EMR on the Windows platform.
- Can I use Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 on my Mac? Yes and no. Since Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 operates only on the Windows operating system. We use Dragon Medical on our Macs through Parallels, though you could use another virtualization tool instead.
- How can I best learn to use Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2? Logan Solutions offers web-based training for Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2.
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (Important: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for XP and Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7, 8 and 2008 64-bit/2012
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 (free download at www.microsoft.com) Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- USB or DVD-ROM drive required for installation
Supported operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008, SP1, SP2, and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit (Windows 2008 R2 64 bit SP2 Only)
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit
A web connection is required for activation during installation. The software checks your system for minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon Medical Practice Edition will not be installed.