If your medical practice is looking to make the switch, or has already switched to a Mac platform, you may be wondering if you need to purchase Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac V4. We can help you make the transition from Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 to Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac. Before you make that decision though, here are some things you should know about integrating Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac into your current workflow.
Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac is not the same as Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2. They are based on the same speech recognition engine, and offer the same vocabulary base with over 90 medical specialty and sub-specialties. But, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac's ease of use and flexibility is not the same as Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2.
· The correction process in the Mac edition involves additional steps over the PC edition.
· There is no capability for roaming user profiles in the Mac edition. If you use multiple Macs you will need to export your user profile and then import to the other Macs.
· The Mac edition does not allow multiple vocabularies within one user profile. A user profile must be created for each vocabulary required.
· Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 is not supported on a Mac operating system. A Windows emulator like Parallels will be required to replicate the Windows OS to support Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2.
· The Nuance PowerMic II is not supported on any Mac operating system.
Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac is helpful for physicians already using a Mac in their practice. Dictating is faster than typing, and the accuracy is fantastic. It is important to weigh the benefits of both versions before making a decision. Both versions allow clinicians to fully integrate speech recognition into their Mac-based medical practices.
If you already own Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, consider using Parallels to run Windows on your Mac. That's what I've been doing for 5 years and it works great. I get the convenience of my Mac combined with the Windows environment my business runs on.
Contact us to learn more about Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac V4 and see if it is the right fit for your unique medical practice.
Do you use a PC or Mac in your practice? Please tell us in the comments below.